- About Us
- Volunteer Opportunities & Incentive Program
- Speaker Interest Form
- Find an Organizer by Name
- Find an Organizer by Zip Code
- Find a Virtual Organizer
- Books by Our Members
- Our Newest Members
- Member Area
- 2017 - 2018 Board of Directors
- What They Do - Board Members
- Nomination Form for 2018-2019
Have you heard?
- The NAPO2017 conference recordings are available now for VC members
- #SummerOfConnections, a special contest for VC members, begins Memorial Day
Mark your calendars for the summer solstice. In the Northern Hemisphere, it will be at 11:24 pm CST on Tuesday, June 20 and then, magically, summer begins! But before I get ahead of myself, here’s a look at some often-overlooked June events.
- Adopt-A-Cat Month
- Alzheimer's and Brain Awareness Month
- Audio Book Appreciation Month
- Beautiful in Your Skin Month
- Children's Awareness Month
- Effective Communications Month
- Great Outdoors Month
- National Camping Month
- National Candy Month
- National Fruit and Veggies Month
- National Pet Preparedness Month
- National Safety Month
- National Smile Month
- Perennial Gardening Month
- Professional Wellness Month
- Rebuild Your Life Month
- Skyscraper Month
Special weeks include:
- Rosewell UFO Days: 1-4
- International Clothesline Week: 3-10
- Bed Bug Awareness Week: 4-10
- National Business Etiquette Week: 4-10
- Pet Appreciation Week: 4-10
- International Listening Week: 7-10
- Duct Tape Days: 16-18
- Heimlich Maneuver Day: 1
- Superman's Birthday: 1
- Leave the Office Early Day: 2
- Pencil Day: 3
- Baby Boomers Recognition Day: 5
- Drive-in Movie Day: 6
- National Higher Education Day: 6
- YoYo Day (birthday of Donald Duncan): 6
- National Running Day: 7
- VCR Day: 7
- Ball Point Pen Day: 10
- National Peanut Butter Cookie Day: 12
- Family History Day: 14
- Fudge Day: 16
- Eat Your Vegetables Day: 17
- Worldwide Knit in Public Day: 17
- International Day of Yoga: 21
- National Selfie Day: 21
- World Music Day: 21
- Let It Go Day: 23
- Pink Flamingo Day: 23
- Take Your Dog to Work Day: 23
- Typing Day: 23
- Celebration of the Senses: 24
- Color TV Day: 25
- Social Media Day: 30
A special thank you to everyone who was able to attend this year’s VC Meet Up in Pittsburgh and to Alyssa Trosclair and the rest of the board for coordinating the event. It was all about good food, great company and lots of laughs!
President, NAPO Virtual Chapter
From your Membership Chair Person, Jane Cole CPO - Happy Home Organizing Solutions LLC
First of all, thank you to the Board for being so welcoming! I look forward to serving as the 2017-2018 Membership Director for NAPOVC!
The NAPO Virtual Chapter has 183 members, up by 14 since our last count!
Our meetup at conference was a great success. Members pinned their location on a map and it was fun to see where everyone came from! We also had two drawings for a free membership. Our first winner for a free and new 2017 membership was April Knox (True Organizing.) Our second winner, an existing member, won a free renewal membership for 2018 and that was Debbie Rosemont (Simply Placed.)
Please join us in welcoming our newest NAPOVC members for the month of May 2017:
Kelly Barber of Me In Order, Jupiter FL
Mary Pankiewicz CPO of Clutter-free & Organized, Whitesburg TN
Jenn Neuman of Neu Spaces By Jenn LLC, St Johns FL
Alan Grossman of AG Organization Associates, Metuchen NJ
Lisa Zawrotny of Positively Productive Systems, Mahopac NY
Dana Freiburg of Organization Central, Union Beach NJ
Jordana Turcotte of Simply You, Ballston Lake NY
Darla Kay of Organized Concepts, Las Vegas NV
Amy Bowles of Been There Done That Organizing LLC, Tucson AZ
Susan Unger of ClutterSOS LLC, Ashburn VA
Donna Romita of DonRom Organizing Inc, Yonkers NY
Andree Petras of Tranquil Order, Indiana PA
All NAPO VC members new and current are invited to join the NAPOVC new member orientation. This is an interactive conference call. The next one is June 19th at 7:00 EST. Log in at www.napovc.com and click on "meetings" to register for any NAPOVC event.
From your Membership Chair Person,
Jane Cole CPO, Happy Home Organizing Solutions LLC
It’s the Summer of Connections
Are you traveling this summer, but still have business on your mind?
The NAPO Virtual Chapter is promoting connections and learning between members with a contest just for you.
As you plan your summer escape why not also plan to connect with a virtual chapter member in your vacation location? Here’s how it works.
- After you plan your travels go to the Virtual Chapter website and find the member who lives in your destination location.
- Contact your fellow chapter member and schedule a date to meet while you are in town.
- Have coffee, lunch or something else and get to know each other.
- Build a friendship and maybe…Win a prize!
The contest will run between Memorial Day and Labor Day (May 29th and September 4th, 2017) only for members of NAPO’s Virtual Chapter. To win you must snap a photo (or make a video) of your meeting and let us know what you learned from each other by posting your experience on the Virtual Chapter’s Facebook group, Facebook page or POINT community with the hashtag #SummerOfConnections . Here are some talking points we think everyone would like to hear.
- How you started your organizing and productivity business.
- What makes your business unique?
- The business challenges in your location.
- What your plan is for the future?
The couple who connects from the farthest away will win a 2018 Virtual ChapterMembership!
The contest ends at midnight on Labor Day (September 4th, 2017) and winners will be announced the next day. Distance traveled is determined with the address used for your NAPO account.
For questions about the contest, contact Janet Schiesl at Janet@basicorganization.com.
Here’s to a great summer of connections!
News from the Institue for Challenging Disorganization
THE ART OF TACTICAL TIME MANAGEMENT WITH MIKE VARDY
NAPO NEW MEMBER ORIENTATION 6-19-17
June 19, 2017 from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM (Eastern)
NAPO New Member Orientation 6-19-17
VC BOOK CLUB: INFLUENCE: THE PSYCHOLOGY OF PERSUASION
Influence, the classic book on persuasion, explains the psychology of why people say "yes"—and how to apply these understandings.