Ah…it’s October and outside my window, the leaves have begun to change their colors. Without a doubt, fall is a beautiful time of the year!
First, a few reminders:
- The application deadline for the Barry Izsak | Glorya Schklair Conference Scholarship Fund has been extended to November 30, 2018. This year, the scholarship will provide full conference registration plus the basic hotel for two nights to the recipient. The application and additional information can be found on POINT, under the Career Growth tab.
- Are you receiving the NAPO Get Organized & Be Productive blog in your inbox? Sign up today! Have you considered submitting an article for the blog? The monthly blogs are themed and include tips, news, and resources for the general public. More information and the monthly themes can be found on POINT, under the News & PR tab.
Halloween aside, October is a busy month for sports fans. What else can we expect this month? Let’s take a look.
- Adopt A Dog Month
- Apple Month
- Bat Appreciation Month
- Breast Cancer Awareness Month
- Caffeine Addiction Recovery Month
- Country Music Month
- Emotional Wellness Month
- Financial Planning Month
- Learn to Bowl Month
- Long Term Care Planning Month
- National Bake and Decorate Month
- National Bullying Prevention Awareness Month
- National Caramel Month
- National Chili Month
- National Cookbook Month
- National Cyber Security Awareness Month
- National Kitchen and Bath Month
- National Seafood Month
- National Stamp Collecting Month
- National Toilet Tank Repair Month
- Organize Your Medical Information Month
- Pizza Month
- Sausage Month
Special weeks include:
- National Walk Your Dog Week: 1 - 7
- National Chimney Safety Week: 1 - 7
- National Work from Home Week: 1 - 7
- Financial Planning Week: 2 - 8
- Spinning and Weaving Week: 2 - 6
- Drink Local Wine Week: 8 - 14
- Fire Prevention Week: 8 - 14
- Freedom from Bullies Week: 15 - 21
- National Save For Retirement Week: 15 - 21
- CD Player Day: 1
- International Coffee Day: 1
- National Walk Your Dog Day: 1
- World Vegetarian Day: 1
- World Day of Bullying Prevention | Blue Shirt Day: 2
- Improve Your Office Day: 4
- National Salmon Day: 8
- International Beer and Pizza Day: 9
- National Online Banking Day: 9
- National Handbag Day: 10
- World Mental Health Day: 10
- Drink Local Wine Day: 12
- I Love Yarn Day: 14
- National Cake Decorating Day: 15
- National Cheese Curd Day: 15
- National Clean Your Virtual Desktop Day: 16
- National Pasta Day: 17
- Get Smart About Credit Day: 19
- National Nut Day: 22
- Chucky, The Notorious Killer Doll Day: 25
- National Chocolate Day: 28
- Internet Day (1st internet transmission - 2005): 29
- National Cat Day: 29
- Checklist Day: 30
- National Candy Corn Day: 30
Have a great month and enjoy the fall!
Our NAPO Virtual Chapter has 199 members!
Just a reminder: If your name has changed or any of your information needs updating, please login to your account on the NAPOVC website and make the changes there.
Please join us in welcoming our NEWEST NAPO VC members for the month of September 2017:
Deann Bolinder - Clean Slate Organizing, Park City UT
Denni Dattilio - Practical Organizing by Denni, LLC, Columbiana, OH
Denise Oggero - Drop the Clutter, Hershey, PA
Donna Goldberg - The Organized Student LLC, New York, NY
Pamela Mims - Mims Business Consulting, Pasadena, CA
All NAPO VC members, new and current, are invited to join the NAPO VC Member Orientation. This is an interactive conference call. The next orientation is scheduled for Monday, October 16, at 7:00 pm ET. Log in at napovc.com and click on "meetings" to register for any NAPO VC event.
If you have kudos about you and your business that you would like to share, let me know at email@example.com so we can celebrate it with our Virtual Chapter in the Kudos & Congrats section of our newsletter.
Please don't hesitate to call or drop me an email if you have any questions about your membership!
Congratulations and thank you to our Virtual Chapter members who are getting the word out about organizing, productivity, and the Virtual Chapter. They're writing articles, being quoted, writing books and much more. Check it out!
- Laura Leist - September marked her 18th year in business!
- Janet Schiesl - wrote an article that was published in NAPO's Get Organized Blog - "If It Works for You - It Works!"
- Our Summer of Connections winners, Jane Beisell and Sharon Lowenheim! Jane was 2916 miles from home when she connected with Sharon in NYC.
- Our Summer of Connections honorable mentions go to:
- Alan Grossman and Linda Deppa who were a mere 46 miles short of the record
- Cary Prince, Beth Penn, April Knox, Lauren Mang, and Hazel Thornton for the Los Angeles, San Francisco, Albuquerque connection
- Karen Duncan, Barbara Trapp, Jen Neumann, June Carter, and Jane Cole for the North Florida connection
- Janet Schiesl for her idea and for making the Summer of Connections contest a huge success and a lot of fun!
We try hard to spot our member's activities, but we're not perfect. If you have something to celebrate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to point it out. Promotional announcements will not be posted.
FROM INKLING TO ACCOMPLISHMENT IN ONE YEAR WITH KATHY VINES
October 09, 2017 from 7:00 PM to 8:30 PM (Eastern)
Kathy will have you asking, "What could *I* accomplish next year?"
NAPOVC MEMBER ORIENTATION
October 16, 2017 from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM (Eastern)
Join us for Orientation!
TRANSITIONING YOUR SERVICES FROM RESIDENTIAL ORGANIZING TO PRODUCTIVITY WITH AMY TOKOS OF FRESHLY ORGANIZED
November 13, 2017 from 7:00 PM to 8:15 PM (Eastern)
Transitioning Your Services From Residential Organizing to Productivity with Amy Tokos of Freshly Organized
Tired of PowerPoint's plain text bullets?
When I'm working on my presentations, I'm usually in a hurry so have been guilty of using boring bullet points. I recently attended a free webinar given by Ellen Finkelstein for TrainingMagazineNetwork. She offers a lot of great tips in her webinars and also on her web site: Ellen Finkelstein's PowerPoint Tips.
The tip I learned in her latest webinar is to add some color and style to your slides by using SmartArt, found on PowerPoint's Insert menu. I selected Cycle for the slide below. You can choose your colors, change the size, etc.
Submitted by Susan Kousek, Balanced Spaces, LLC.
If you have a great tech tip you would like to share with your fellow Virtual Chapter members, click here to submit your tip.. If you're not already logged in, do so and select Surveys from the menu on the left.