- About Us
- Volunteer Opportunities & Incentive Program
- Speaker Interest Form
- Find an Organizer by Name
- Find an Organizer by Zip Code
- Find a Virtual Organizer
- Books by Our Members
- Our Newest Members
- Member Area
- 2017 - 2018 Board of Directors
- What They Do - Board Members
- Nomination Form for 2018-2019
Some leaves are still changing color, others are falling. A few neighbors have put their patio furniture away, others are stocking up on firewood. I, however, am loving the fall and plan to wear my birks as long as possible! No matter how you choose to look at it, November is a month of transition.
First, a few reminders:
- The application deadline for the Barry Izsak | Glorya Schklair Conference Scholarship Fund has been extended to November 30, 2017. This year, the scholarship will provide full conference registration plus the basic hotel for two nights to the recipient. The application and additional information can be found on POINT, under the Career Growth tab, Scholarship Fund.
- NAPO VC nominations are open! Would you like to share your talents, explore your interests, sharpen your skills, be part of a team, and have fun in the process? I highly recommend it! Descriptions of the Virtual Chapter’s Board and Director positions and the application process are included in this newsletter and on our website, napovc.com/Board_Duties. You can also find the link on the side menu under "What They Do - Board Members."
NAPO National is also calling for nominations. You'll find the details on POINT.
Make 2018 your year to engage!
Thanksgiving may well be the highlight of the month. It brings us an opportunity to celebrate gratitude in the company of family and friends and with our favorite culinary delights. Fast forward, crazy shopping events (Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday). What else can we expect this month? Let’s take a look.
- Adopt A Senior Pet Month
- Adopt A Turkey Month
- Family Stories Month
- Military Family Appreciation Month
- National Adoption Month
- National Alzheimer's Disease Month
- National Entrepreneurship Month
- National Family Caregivers Month
- National Gratitude Month
- National Inspirational Role Models Month
- National Memoir Writing Month
- National Peanut Butter Lovers Month
Special weeks include:
- World Communication Week: 1 - 7
- National Hunger & Homeless Awareness Week: 11 - 20
- Geography Awareness Week: 12 - 18
- International Fraud Awareness Week: 12 - 18
- World Kindness Week: 12 - 18
- Better Conversation Week: 19 - 25
- National Family Week: 19 - 25
- National Game & Puzzle Week: 19 - 25
- National Deal Week: 22 - 28
- Extra Mile Day: 1
- Give Up Your Shoulds Day: 1
- National Authors' Day: 1
- National Family Caregiver Day: 1
- National Family Literacy Day: 1
- Stress Awareness Day: 1
- World Vegan Day: 1
- National Men Make Dinner Day: 2
- Fountain Pen Day: 3
- Public Television Day: 3
- National Candy Day: 4
- Use Your Common Sense Day: 4
- Digital Scrapbooking Day: 4
- Play Monopoly Day: 5
- National Love Your Red Hair Day: 5
- Fill Our Staplers Day: 6
- International Merlot Day: 7
- Area Code Day: 10
- Origami Day: 11
- National Pickle Day: 14
- America Recycles Day: 15
- I Love to Write Day: 15
- National Clean Out Your Refrigerator Day: 15
- National Button Day: 16
- Beaujolais Nouveau Day: 16
- Use Less Stuff Day: 16
- Family Volunteer Day: 18
- Push-button Phone Day: 18
- American Made Matters Day: 19
- Rocky and Bullwinkle Day: 19
- Name Your PC Day: 20
- Celebrate Your Unique Talent Day: 24
- Computer Security Day: 30
Have a great month and the best Thanksgiving ever!
Interested in connecting with other organizers? Want to support your chapter? Know someone who would be a good leader (including yourself)? Nominate yourself or a colleague to serve as a Chapter Officer (President, Vice President, Secretary, Treasurer) or a Director (Membership, Professional Development, Communications & Technology, at Large). CLICK HERE TO NOMINATE.
Nominations close December 31. If you have questions about a position or the nomination process, please email firstname.lastname@example.org (email forwarded to Nomination Committee Chair).
Must be located in the U.S.A. for banking reasons
Supervise the Chapter's business and activities
Create the agenda and preside over Board and Membership meetings
Recommend suitable replacements for Board vacancies
Approve obligations of the Chapter, sign contracts and manage subcontractors
Serve as liaison to NAPO and other Chapters
Assign or delegate other duties to Officers and Directors
Perform other duties as needed
Act in place of the President when the President is absent or unable to act
Perform other duties as requested and/or delegated by the President
Must be located in the U.S.A. for banking reasons
Record, prepare, disseminate and maintain minutes of the Chapter Board of Directors meetings and Chapter Membership meetings
Maintain Chapter historical records and operations documents (Bylaws, Policies & Procedures Manual)
Send Chapter Membership meeting and Board of Directors meeting minutes to NAPO headquarters within thirty (30) days after each meeting
Serve as the custodian of the Chapter’s funds and be responsible for maintaining these funds in a bank account and disbursing them in accordance with Chapters Disbursement Policy
Prepare and forward to NAPO headquarters required year-end financial reports and budgets
Prepare and submit a proposed budget to the Chapter Board of Directors for approval before the fiscal year begins on October 1
Collect and account for Chapter dues and meeting fees
Pay Chapter financial obligations
Review contracts and/or agreements
Directors - All Duties of the Directors will be performed either directly or through a committee (you won’t be working alone). In addition to the descriptions below, the President may request or delegate additional duties.
Director of Membership
Review and process Chapter membership applications
Forward NAPO membership applications to NAPO headquarters
Conduct membership renewal process
Oversee hospitality and registration
Respond to membership inquiries
Conduct member orientation
Produce and distribute new member information
Monitor compliance with NAPO membership categories
Maintain Chapter membership database and inform NAPO staff of changes on a monthly basis
Director of Professional Development
Maintain program calendar
Procure and communicate with speakers
Schedule and facilitate program portion of Chapter meeting
Create, distribute and review program evaluation forms
Oversee CEU certificate process
Director of Communications & Technology
Supervise social networking activities for the Chapter
Director at Large
Duties and projects as assigned
Our NAPO Virtual Chapter has 205 members!
A Reminder: If your name has changed or any of your information needs updating, please login to your account on the NAPOVC website and make the changes there.
Please join us in welcoming our newest NAPO VC members for the month of October 2017:
Jillian Horvath - Bala Cynwyd, PA
Ruth Hadlock - Streamlined Space LLC, Salt Lake City, UT
Priscila Saboia - Reorganize, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Stacy Matticoli - Put It There LLC, Skillman, NJ
Suzette Smith - White Space, Alexandria, VA
Thank you to Barbara Trapp for stepping up to make phone calls to our members. She reported it was a great experience for her and she learned a lot in the process! Please let me know if you would like to join in the fun!
All NAPO VC members, new and current, are invited to join the NAPO VC Member Orientation, an interactive conference call. The next orientation is scheduled for Monday, November 20, 7:00 pm ET. Log in at napovc.com and click on the "meetings" tab to register for any NAPO VC event.
There will not be an orientation meeting in December. If you aren't able to make the November orientation, please make plans to attend in January.
It's that time of year again! Be on the lookout for Virtual Chapter membership renewal information. Our new membership year begins on January 1, 2018. Benefits include CEU-worthy coursework, recorded presentations that can be listened to on demand, conference recordings dating back to 2014, a book club, and lovely people from all over the world to share business ideas with!
If you have kudos about you and your business you would like to share, let me know at email@example.com so we can celebrate it with our Virtual Chapter members in the Kudos & Congrats section of our newsletter.
Please don't hesitate to call or email me if you have any questions about your membership. I'll do my best to answer them!
Congratulations and thank you to our Virtual Chapter members who are getting the word out about organizing, productivity, and the Virtual Chapter. They're writing articles, being quoted, writing books and much more. Check it out!
- Brenda Tringali - NAPOCares Chair and NAPO Virtual Chapter Director at Large - Brenda wrote an article, "NAPOCares Returns!" for NAPO's Get Organized Blog.
We try hard to spot our member's activities, but we're not perfect. If you have something to celebrate, please email firstname.lastname@example.org to point it out. Promotional announcements will not be posted.
TRANSITIONING YOUR SERVICES FROM RESIDENTIAL ORGANIZING TO PRODUCTIVITY WITH AMY TOKOS OF FRESHLY ORGANIZED
November 13, 2017, from 7:00 PM to 8:15 PM (Eastern)
Attendees will feel comfortable with productivity terms and see similarities between the two types of organizing businesses.
NAPO VC MEMBER ORIENTATION - NOV 20, 2017 - 7:00PM ET
November 20, 2017, from 7:00 PM to 8:00 PM (Eastern)
Join us for Orientation!
FROM TALENT TO PROFIT: HOW TO RUN A PROFITABLE SUSTAINABLE BUSINESS PRESENTED BY ELLEN FAYE, PRODUCTIVITY LEADERSHIP COACH AND IMMEDIATE PAST PRESIDENT OF NAPO
December 11, 2017, from 7:00 PM to 8:15 PM (Eastern)
Learn how creating relationships, delivering on your brand promise, and implementing strong business systems help drive profitability.
If you have a great tech tip you would like to share with your fellow Virtual Chapter members, click here to submit your tip.. If you're not already logged in, do so and select Surveys from the menu on the left.
Check out the books by our members at napovc.com/BooksByMembers
If you are a Virtual Chapter member and an author but your book isn't on this list -- email email@example.com with details.
BCPO Study Group
If you're looking for a BCPO study group — how about starting one? Post on NAPO VC POINT or in our NAPO VC Facebook group that you're interested and get the conversation started.
NAPO 2017 Conference Recordings
LET'S CHAT on the NAPO VC Facebook group about conference recordings — the goal is to LISTEN to a 2017 conference session, SHARE what you learn and what you want to implement, and CONNECT with members in the discussion.
The first four are:
- Bridging to Corporate Organizing and Productivity (started in October)
- The Organizing Business: Scandal Sabotage, Sanity, Success (started in October)
- What Discourages ADHD Clients and What Empowers Them (starts this week)
- Mental Floss for Eliminating Brain Clutter (starts next week)
NAPO 2017 Conference recordings (and previous conferences) are part of your Virtual Chapter membership, so listen, learn, and share. The recordings are found in NAPO University once you've signed in to NAPO.net.